Michigan Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Worker’s Compensation Insurance
Michigan’s workers’ compensation system is in place to protect workers who are injured or killed on the job and those who have an occupational disease as a result of employment. Workers’ compensation also helps to protect employers by limiting their liability.
The state of Michigan requires businesses to purchase workers’ comp if:
- A private employer has 1 or more full-time employees (35 hours or more per week for 13 weeks or longer)
- A private employer has 3 or more employees at one time (including part-time employees)
- An agricultural employer has 3 or more employees working 35 hours or more per week for 13 or more consecutive weeks
- A household employs 1 or more domestic servants for 35 hours or more per week for 13 weeks or longer
- An employer is a public employer
Benefits of Retailers Insurance Company
- Employers liability limit is $2 million – much higher than the standard $500,000.
- EFT Guard, standard with every work comp policy, provides $100,000 of protection if your business bank account is hacked, plus $2,500 of cyber extortion protection if your computer system is held at ransom.
- Automatic terrorism coverage.
- Discounts for employers who have implemented safe workplace practices.
- Several convenient payment options.
Discounts Available If You Have:
- Employee health insurance program
- Pre-employment medical exams
- Drug-screening program
- Video surveillance system
- Light-duty return-to-work program
- Active safety program
- Employee assistance program
- Exceptional MOD history
Find an Agent Near You
Search for an Independent Insurance Agent who can quote our insurance products.